It is well known that when a woman reaches menopause, estrogen has a massive impact on not only their body, but also their mind, moods and general behavior. However, the truth is that estrogen has a significant impact on the female body at any age. It has an important role in many bodily functions.
When a woman produces too much estrogen and not enough progesterone, her hormone levels become unbalanced. This is often known as ‘estrogen dominance’. Estrogen dominance can be found in both per-pubescent and post-menopausal women and can result in some very undesirable symptoms including a tendency to carry excess weight in the thighs and abdomen. However, it can also cause some very serious health concerns as over a long period of time an increase in estrogen can result in an elevated risk of ovarian, uterine and breast cancers.
If you are suffering from estrogen dominance, then you might want to try these five great ways to restore your natural hormone balance and reduce your risk of cancer:
- Have Your Hormone and Nutrient Levels Tested – If you are exhibiting symptoms that you feel may be a result of estrogen dominance then you should visit a specialist to have both your hormone levels and your nutrient levels checked out to establish whether or not this is in fact the case.
- Take Supplements to Boost Deficient Nutrients -Once you have had your current nutrient levels tested, you can supplement any deficiencies that have been highlighted by the test results. This will help to bring your body back to a more normal level of functionality.
- Introduce Bio-identical Hormone Therapy – If your body is found to be producing an elevated level of estrogen, then you will find that bio-identical hormone therapy offers a natural way to return balance to your hormones.
- Steer Clear of Xenoestrogens – There are chemicals called xenoetrogens to be found in not only our food but also naturally occurring in the environment. These are essentially imitations of estrogen hormones and having too many of them in our bodies can increase the likelihood of estrogen dominance. They can be found in large amounts in processed goods, perfumes, air fresheners and even some personal care products. If we limit our exposure to these chemicals we can reduce the risk of estrogen dominance substantially.
- Eat A Well Balanced Diet of Healthy Foods – As noted, many processed foods contain xenoestrogens and thus should be avoided, but having an overall healthy diet can also reduce the symptoms brought on by estrogen dominance which can in turn reduce the risk of female cancers.